TERMS & CONDITIONS
1) The Terms & Conditions set out herein form an integral part of your contract. Booking Confirmations shall remain valid for acceptance for a period of 14 days and must be accepted by the Client in its entirety.
2) Any variation to the services stated must be agreed in writing and a Rider will be provided stating the variations alongside the original contract of engagement.
3) The Client will be invoiced for a non-refundable deposit to be no less than 50% of the performance cost as set out on the Booking Confirmation as any other booking for that date and time that could be accepted will be turned down in order for your event to be fulfilled. The Client shall settle this invoice by the due date stated unless otherwise agreed in writing. The remaining balance shall be paid no later than 30 days prior to the date of the event, unless otherwise agreed in writing.
4) The agreed Engagement will not go ahead if payment in full is not received no later than 30 days prior to the Engagement. Interest will be charged on all late payments at a rate of 5% per week above the Bank of England base rate. Reasonable expenses incurred in obtaining payment from The Client where any payment due is late, may also be charged.
5) In the event that The Client cancels an Engagement they will be liable to pay cancellation charges as follows:
i) Cancellation over 60 days prior to the Event Date: 50% of Total Invoice (Deposit)
ii) Cancellation made 30-59 days prior to the Event Date: 75% of Total Invoice
iii) Cancellation made less than 29 days prior to the Event Date: 100% of Total Invoice
6) In the event that Carl Chamberlain Magic is taken ill, a replacement Act(s) will be sourced if possible. If no replacement Act(s) are available, the Client shall be entitled to a full refund without question via bank transfer within 7 days.
7) The Client understands and agrees that if Carl Chamberlain Magic or any alternative Act(s) provided are unable to perform due to accident, riot, strike, epidemic, catastrophe, war, embargo, fire, flood, extreme weather events, state of emergency, mechanical breakdown or serious illness, the performance may be delayed, interrupted, excused or cancelled. It is also understood and agreed that the Client will not hold Carl Chamberlain Magic, or any alternative Act(s) provided in disrepute.
8) In the unlikely event that Carl Chamberlain Magic or any alternative Act(s) are delayed due to circumstances beyond their control, Carl Chamberlain Magic or the alternative Act(s) provided shall inform the Client immediately. The Client shall be entitled to the full timed booking as set out in the agreed Contract. Where this is not possible, the Client shall be entitled to a partial refund for the length of time not met to be discussed at the end of the performance by Carl Chamberlain Magic or the alternative Act(s). The refund will be paid by bank transfer within 7 days.
9) If the venue provided by the Client is unable to accommodate Carl Chamberlain Magic or the alternative Act(s) provided and they are unable to perform, the Client will be liable for cancellation charges as outlined above.
10) The Client agrees that if Carl Chamberlain Magic or any alternative Act(s) provided are threatened, abused verbally or physically by anyone present at the performance then Carl Chamberlain Magic and/or the alternative Act(s) provided will be entitled not to perform, without penalty. All fees will remain payable by The Client.
11) The Client must hold adequate insurance policies (if required) in respect of any Engagement as does Carl Chamberlain Magic and/or any alternative Act(s) provided. Carl Chamberlain Magic will provide the relevant Public Liability Insurance (PLI) Certificate at the time of booking. This can also be emailed if required by request. In the event that an alternative Act(s) are provided they will present their PLI upon arrival at the agreed venue or sooner if possible.
12) The Client is responsible for obtaining any work permits or other approvals for Carl Chamberlain Magic and/or any alternative Act(s) provided prior to the commencement of an Engagement.
13) Any changes to the performance schedule will be subject to these Terms & Conditions and must be agreed in writing on a Rider alongside the Contract.
14) If changes are required to the performance schedule on the day of the event these changes should be discussed with Carl Chamberlain Magic where possible, otherwise agreement should be reached if possible, between the Client and any alternative Act(s) provided. Depending on the changes requested it may not always be possible for changes to the schedule to be implemented. This would be the case if Carl Chamberlain Magic and/or any alternative Act(s) provided have another Engagement to attend after the current Engagement in question.
15) In the event that Carl Chamberlain Magic and/or any alternative Act(s) provided are unable to complete a performance due to a delay in the start of the performance schedule, where such delay is no fault of Carl Chamberlain Magic and/or any alternative Act(s), the Client shall remain liable to pay the full Fee due.
16) Should Carl Chamberlain Magic and/or any alternative Act(s) be required by the Client to extend the length of the performance, a further Fee may be charged as agreed between the parties as long as Carl Chamberlain Magic and/or any alternative Act(s) provided are available at the time. Costing for this service can be provided ahead of the Engagement for ease of planning for the Client.
17) Carl Chamberlain Magic and/or any alternative Act(s) provided are not obligated to finish or extend any performance that has started late due to the actions of the Client.
18) Any future engagements and/or ongoing regular Engagements will be set out in a new contract as agreed between the Client and Carl Chamberlain Magic.
19) Carl Chamberlain Magic does not accept any responsibility for any alternative Act(s) provided who breach the terms of the Engagement. Any queries or disputes should be dealt with between the Client and the alternative Act(s) provided.
20) These Terms and Conditions apply between the Client and Carl Chamberlain Magic and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts